Thursday, May 15, 2014

Cake Smash

My last layout using the Doodlebug Sugar shoppe line was this layout about Claire actually smashing her cake. For accents I made some paper flowers from various papers in the line by punching "petals" with my triangle banner punch (Stampin' Up) and used some old glittered buttons from my stash for centers.


The journaling reads: "It was so fun to watch you Claire, dig into your first birthday cake. You daintily poked at it at first, but before long you were grabbing fistfuls of cake in order to feel the frosting squish between your fingers. You were more interested in playing with it than in eating it, but you did take several bites before the cake tipped over. I think your favorite part was all the attention you received as we all cheered you on! July 2013"



1 comment: