Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Bow For Her Hair

After having the fun and joy of boys for over 10 years, I was super excited to also have the chance to explore the world of having a daughter. One of the things I was most excited for was accessories! Boys just really don't wear much of these. Girls on the other hand--especially little girls--do! I collected a pretty large stash of hair bows and bands before Claire was born and was quite eager to use them! At first all I could really use were some simple ribbon bows stuck to Claire's head with a little corn syrup. She didn't have much hair to stick a bigger clip in and her head was so tiny that the hair bands I had purchased were just too big. So we stuck mostly with the ribbon bows for about 1 to 2 months until her head got bigger.


I had a lot of fun with this layout and my Silhouette Portrait machine. I used it to cut out the speech bubbles and the arrows. The papers and stickers are by Echo Park from their Sweet Girl collection. There are also some Queen and Co.flowers and Washi tape, as well as a couple of older tags and a paper flower by American Crafts. The bows on this page are some of the actual ones she wore in the photos. 

The journaling reads: "At the hospital they put a simple white bow in your hair Claire. I loved it and I thrilled in the idea of having a chance to play with hair accessories for you! For the first month I made sure that you always had a bow stuck to your little tuffs of peach fuzz hair. I tried putting hair bands on you, but your head was so tiny that most didn't fit. Thankfully these little bows worked well! July 2012 "

No comments:

Post a Comment