Wednesday, July 24, 2013

You Belong To Us

Hospital bracelets make such a powerful statement. They are the first way a baby and their parents are documented (in earthly ways) as belonging to each other.  I personally love watching them be prepared by the nurses as the time for delivery is eminent. Knowing that in just moments they will be wrapped around my baby and we will be linked together in yet another way is somehow comforting and exciting. Because of this I have always enjoyed taking photos of them and scrapbooking them. 


I too these photos of Claire while we were still in the hospital. I love that you can still see her newborn wrinkles!


The title was cut on my Silhouette Portrait using a combo of fonts and Echo Park elements. The papers and stickers are also by Echo Park from their Bundle of Joy Girl line. Date Stamp by K and Company.


There are also some Queen and Co. pearls, Washi Tape, and Baker's Twine.


The journaling reads: "There is something special and sweet to me about hospital bracelets. They are that first earthly connection that reinforces the heavenly ones and says “You belong to us.” I’m so glad you do Claire!"

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments: