Sunday, December 16, 2007

Seeing the big guy

So we braved the mall yesterday to see Santa. It was VERY crowded! I could hardly keep all the boys together as we walked down to where Santa was. The line was long (about 45-minutes) but not as bad as I had thought it might be. To my surprise, the boys were very good in line and were very excited for every glimpse they got of the man in red as we inched our way forward. I felt kind of silly as I noticed all the other kids in line were dressed up nicely with hair combed, matching outfits, clean faces and anxious parents. My boys definitely stood out as an unmatched bunch of bed headed kids--happily munching on soft pretzels with cheese sauce (which I did manage to wipe off their faces before the picture). If I had been allowed to take the picture I think I would have cared more about it--but the truth is I've gotten to be a bit of a snob when it comes to photography--I figured if all we are doing is a quick photo, shot by a teenager with no real experience, there really isn't any need to dress up. It was more for the experience of meeting Santa anyhow. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket And meeting Santa was cool. Ty was the most excited out of the 3. He had a huge grin and quickly jumped up on Santa's lap. Blake was a little shy--which is pretty normal for him now a days. He was willing to sit with Santa--but did not want to smile. He seems to think Santa is best appreciated at a distance of about 8 feet. Then there was Spencer who wanted nothing to do with Santa at all. In fact it took him quite a few minutes to forgive me for handing him over to this hairy stranger. All in all though I love the picture--I think it well reflects our visit, and I laugh every time I look at it. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket After the picture Santa took a few moments to visit with both Ty and Blake who eagerly told Santa that they wanted a Teddy Bear and a Sheriff Woody for Christmas and that they had both been very good this year--(Blake may need Santa to redefine good)--and then Santa told them each to continue to be very good and he would visit their house on Christmas. Ty and Blake loved the whole experience and have been saying that they have to be good for Santa ever since! I think it was $15 dollars well spent :)

11 comments:

  1. Ginger, that picture with Santa is priceless! I love it! We don't see Santa anymore! :::frown:::
    They get BIG so fast, enjoy them while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love seeing kids at Christmas. It's the best. Olivia HATES Santa in person...he scares her and I can see why! He's a hairy, scary guy when your 2 years old!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shot! Those expressions on their faces are great! What a fun memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sydney cries almost every year we see Santa. This year she opted to stay with Jeff while I took the younger two. Cute pictures of all the fun families...you've been busy! Thank heavens for Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I think that it is a strange tradition that we have. We tell our kids to stay away from strangers, then we have them sit on this guys lap and have them tell him their names. Emily loves it and Kerrie still isn't sure what to think. I love the first picture the best. You have a great talent! Let me know if you ever want to come to Colorado!
    themalsbarypatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is way too funny. Last year Sarah was the same way when we tried to have her pic taken with Santa. I had to sit with her all the while she screamed and tried her hardest to get away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first pic is cute! Did you tell that other photographer to mover over and let a real professional show em how it's done? No? Well, you should have. I love hearing about the whole Santa adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that pic of the kids with spencer screaming! so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing Santa is always an adventure, but a wonderful tradition in my book. Cute pics

    ReplyDelete
  10. OhmyGosh Ginger, tooooo funny. I think that's one of those photos that MUST be framed and brought out each year at Christmas time so you and the boys can all laugh about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete