Saturday, June 8, 2013

Such a Silly Boy!

So, I took a little time off from blogging. Sorry about that. I just needed a short break just to rest, regroup, and decide which direction I wanted to take my scrapbooking work after Creative Memories filed for bankruptcy and the department I used to design for was laid off.  It was a nice break. I had more time with my kids for all of the end of the school year craziness that always seems to hit hard in May. I also had more time just to relax, visit with friends, spend time with Marc, work on some projects around the house that needed doing, and just recharge my creative batteries for awhile. 

Now I'm feeling ready to jump back in, do some more scrapbook work, submit to publications again, and run my blog. Thanks to those of you still here and actually reading my blog--I appreciate you sticking with me!

Today I'm finally sharing this layout about Spencer and one of the funny things he randomly does. Spencer has a huge affection for anything that has letters--so it was no surprise that he really loved our game "banana grams." What was a surprise was the way he decided to stick the individual letters in between he toes one afternoon. He thought he was hilarious for thinking of it.


The papers here are again from then Echo Park Scoot collection, washi tape and buttons are from Queen and Company, and lots of the elements (and the title) were cut out on my Silhouette Portrait machine.



I really love this little machine. It's really tiny so it takes up very little space in my craft room and yet it can do so much!


The journaling on this page reads: " Spencer, you always find new ways to surprise me! This time is was by your rather unconventional use of our Banana grams game. You recently started learning your letters and so seeing you play with the letter tiles from the game was not unusual. However, seeing you suddenly decide to wedge them between your toes made me laugh out loud! You can be so silly sometimes!"

Thanks for still stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you're back! I checked back often and was thrilled to see your newest post yesterday! You were definitely missed.

    ReplyDelete