Saturday, July 14, 2007

Once we got back we...

got ready for a visit with my parents. They were here for the 4th of July and we had a wonderful time! The 4th also happens to be Marc's birthday so we did double duty with his birthday celebration and our Nation's. I think Marc's new camping gear should come in quite handy in his role as Scoutmaster!

On a side note, you should always wait to add chocolate filling to a German chocolate cake until the cake is 100% cool. Otherwise the top layer might just slide off the bottom one as you sing "Happy Birthday." Not that I know from experience, but it could happen! Thankfully however, I hear that warm German Chocolate cake with melted chocolate filling is still very tasty :) Anyhow, happy birthday sweetie! I'm glad it was yummy!

After cake and ice cream we topped off the day with some fireworks and sparklers. Over all a very good day!







1 comment:

  1. I had the SAME thing happen one year with my GC cake! lol!

    ReplyDelete