Sunday, April 5, 2009

Halloween in April

Yeah, I know this was over 5 months ago, but better late than never, right? I needed to get these photos printed for an assignment recently, so that reminded me that I really ought to get these photos up on my blog as well. Especially since Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love the colors (orange is my favorite color), the whimsy of little monsters, goblins, witches, spiders, bats, and pumpkins; the fun of dressing up my boys, carving pumpkins, and the anticipation of the candy and fun to come.
We carved pumpkins with my parents a few nights before Halloween. This was my first time carving pumpkins with a pattern and it was really fun--it helped us to step out of out pumpkin carving box a little :)
They looked even cooler once we lit them up!I saved the seeds in order to try something new--Candied pumpkin seeds! Roasted, then sugared and spiced in a skillet--Yummmm!
And here is a look at the costumes from this past year. Ty was very excited to be a Transformer--Optimus Prime to be exact. Transformers have been very popular at our house lately--Blake even had a Transformers themed birthday party last September. (Which is another event I still need to blog about.)
For Spencer, I found the cutest little dragon costume that I just loved--it was so cute. Spencer on the other hand hated it. He cried and screamed every time I tried to put it on him. I have no idea why he disliked so much, maybe because is was a tad on the small side for him? Maybe the large tail dragging behind him was annoying? I don't know. I was just glad he wore it long enough to calm down and let me take a few photos.
Once he had it on for a bit, he didn't mind it much. And once he started to get candy, everything was again right with the world--annoying costume or not.
Blake just had to be Buzz Lightyear. He LOVED the Buzz ride at Disneyland when we went earlier in the month. We went on that ride over and over during our trip, and a set of Toy Story figures was the souvenir the boys picked out to remember our trip by.
I think we went on this ride several times a day almost every day of our trip--it is a great ride and it so cool they let you email your picture to yourself at the end of the ride!
And here is our own little Buzz, ready for Trick-or-Treating:
And one little group shot in the back of the van:

No comments:

Post a Comment