Friday, September 14, 2012

1 Month Old

I love looking at Claire's 2 month photos and seeing how much she has grown these past few weeks. She had some trouble with weight gain initially and weighed not much more then she did at birth at 1 month of age. Since then she has grown like a weed and looks so different from this photo taken at 4 weeks of age.

You can see how tiny her head was if you look close you can see Marc's thumb next to her head! Now she is bigger and has super cute chubby cheeks!


I used the new My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing collection for this layout with a few scraps from my scrap box for some of the Cricut cuts.


 The baby themed cuts and the title on this layout come from the Baby Steps Cartridge, the rosette from the Ribbons and Rosettes Cartridge, the flowers from the Mother's Day Bouquet Cartridge and the #1's from the Birthday Bash cartridge.


I also dusted off my sewing machine for a few accents on this layout. I used to do that all the time and then got out of the habit. It felt good to use it again and I'll have to remember to pull it out more often.


The journaling reads: "Sweet little Claire, here are just a few of my observations of you at 1 month old.  You are still so tiny, weighing just under 7 ½ lbs so we have started pumping and bottle feeding to help you gain weight faster. You still spit up all the time! To help you with that we often have you sleep in your car seat to help you be upright and spit up less. You and I still spend a good part of the night awake, I read books on my iPod and cuddle with you while you take your sweet time eating. You are still a tiny bit jaundiced, but that is rapidly improving. Hair bands don’t fit your tiny head so I have to make them smaller. You needed more newborn clothes so for the first time ever I went and bought more newborn sizes, I also had to buy several packages of newborn diapers."

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to see your girly layouts. She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout and stunning photo. I love all the little details on your page-- so, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete