Monday, October 8, 2012

Queen and Company's Washi Tape

I just adore Washi tape, and I feel so lucky to have the privilege of designing for Queen and Company and working with all their wonderful embellishments including an amazing amount of awesome Washi Tape! I recently created this layout and card using almost no patterned paper (something really hard for me to do, the only patterned paper used is the lined notebook paper and the large yellow circle), but I made up for it with lots and lots of Queen and Company's new colors of Trendy Tape!


I used my Cricut to cut a couple of rows of circles and then filled each circle with several pieces of Washi tape that I overlapped slightly to continue the pattern and give me a wider design. I loved the little bit of added texture doing this gave my layout.


I also used my Cricut to cut out my title. The yellow letters were made by layering a couple of rows of yellow tape next to each other on white cardstock and then running the cardstock through my Cricut. I also used yellow Washi tape around the edges of my layout for a fun border.


This layout also includes lots of fun Queen and Company chipboard and buttons.


And lastly, here is a matching card I made with left over scraps from the layout. Again, no patterned paper. Those fun little travel punches were made by Creative Memories and the flower punch is by EK Success.


Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments: