Monday, August 27, 2012

Swim Like A Fish

Today is the first day of school here and so I'm lamenting the end of summer. Summer is by far my favorite part of the year and normally we spend quite a bit of it soaking up the sun, vacationing and having the time or our lives. With Claire being born in July that kind of made this a different summer for us. We stayed home much more and did a lot less of our usual summer activities. We still have a wonderful time, but this summer was more about cuddling, kissing, and learning all about baby girls than it was about frolicking on the beach. Thankfully in June we did have a family reunion that included a day of beach time. I made this layout about Spencer and his new found love of wave riding on his inflatable lobster with photos from that day.




I used the new Little Yellow Bicycle Splash line for this layout. I loved that it came with a bunch of cute paper embellishments, like these flowers and the banner I put my title on.


I cut my title out with my Cricut using Sure Cuts A Lot and some of the fonts on my computer.


The fish come from the Life's A Beach Cartridge.

The journaling reads: "During this year’s reunion you Spencer, had a blast trying your hand at riding the waves on your little inflatable lobster. You used it to mimic your older brothers who were riding the waves on their boogie boards. You laughed and smiled for hours while you ran back and forth catching a ride on the waves every few minute! It was really fun to see you becoming braver and having such a good time."

So as much as I have loved having Claire with us and the fun joys of a new baby, I'm glad we got this fun day of beach time in too! Maybe now that Claire is older we can squeeze in another one before it gets too cold!

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Ginger. This is so cool! What a fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable layout! I love the colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat page!!! What great colors! And great photos of Spencer! Hope he and the other 3 have a great first day of school. Mine starts next week, and this mama is not liking the idea of sending her last off.

    ReplyDelete